Return to Coonhound Cafe Main Menu
Do-Ahead Recipes for Those Busy Days
Good Enough for Company Recipes, but Simple to Make Ahead!
(Let Your Company Think You Are Super Organized)
Hearty Meal and Oh So Good!
- 1 lb. ground round
- 1 can Hormel Hot Chili with Beans
- slices of American cheese
- diced onions
- diced tomatoes
Fry 2 or 3 big hamburgers (drain fat)
After meat is cooked:
Open a can of Hormel Hot Chili with Beans and add to pan - heat thoroughly.
Place burgers on plate, put slice(s) of cheese on top and cover with chili. Top with diced onions and tomatoes. This is eaten with a fork - way too messy to
put on a bun or bread.
Elegant Chicken and Rice
Good for a Candlelight Dinner, So the Dust Doesn't Show
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds of chicken pieces, boned and skinned
- 3 Tablespoons of margarine or butter flavored shortening
- 2 packages of dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 8 ounces of Cream Cheese (optional - use cream cheese with flavorings i.e. chives, vegetables, etc.)
- 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup (Cream of Chicken or Cream of Celery work fine too)
- 1 cup of white grape juice (white wine can be used too)
In an electric fry pan, melt the margarine and sprinkle the dry salad dressing in the margarine. Brown the chicken pieces in the seasoned margarine. In a
separate bowl mix the soup, juice, and cream cheese. Pour liquid mixture over the chicken and simmer in pan for 1 hour. To serve make rice and place chicken pieces on rice. Sauce can be thickened to a gravy
consistency or served as is. This recipe freezes up well and can just be heated and poured on fresh rice.
I Can Do It Myself Pot Roast
Easy Enough for a Junior Showmanship Exhibitor To Make!
- 2 to 3 pounds of chuck or arm roast (bone in or boneless)
- 1 large can of V-8 Juice
- 6 large potatoes, washed but not peeled
- 1 pound bag of carrots, washed scrubbed and cut in half
- 2 onions, peeled and cut in half
Place meat, potatoes, carrots, and onions in roasting pan. Pour can of V-8 juice over everything. Cover and bake at 275 degrees for about 4 hours. Everything will be so tender and good.
Oh So Easy Bar-B-Que
They'll Keep Coming Back For More 'N' More!
- 3-4 lbs of pork or beef roast
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. pepper
- 1 t. garlic salt
- other seasonings to taste
- 1 jar Cookies Bar-B-Q Sauce
Trim all the fat from the meat and place in crock pot with 1/2 cup water and all seasonings (saving the Bar-B-Q Sauce for later). Cook approx. 6 hours on high, even overnight with tougher cuts of meat.
When the meat just crumbles it is done just right! Drain all liquid from the meat, and crumble the meat up. Then add the Bar-B-Q sauce and cook on low at least 2 more hours.
Serve on buns. Reheats in microwave just fine!!
Pork Chop and Potato Bake
Quick and Easy and Good
- 4 pork chops, browned
- 4 cups of sliced potatoes
- 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Mix together soup, milk and sour cream. Layer potatoes, cheese and sauce in baking dish. Top with browned pork chops. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Thanksgiving Flavor Anytime!
- 4 eggs
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 small can pumpkin
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3/4 c. butter
- 1 c. chopped walnuts
Beat eggs and add first 8 ingredients, adding pumpkin last. Pour into 9" x 13" greased pan. Sprinkle cake mix (dry) over the pumpkin mixture, melt butter and
drizzle over cake mix, then top with nuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Shrimp and Orange Salad
- 1 cup regular rice - uncooked
- 1 lb medium shrimp
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tbs oil
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- salt - to taste
- black pepper - to taste
- 2 tsp grated orange rind
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- or instead of orange and orange rind - use 2 cans of Mandarin Oranges, drained
Cook rice. Fry shrimp
and bacon in oil until shrimp turns
pink. Break bacon in pieces. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and add rice and bacon shrimp mixture. Chill for several hours before serving.
Good All Year Long
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 or 2 carrots, grated or sliced thin
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 1/2 bag of pasta shapes, cooked
- 1 bottle of Cole Slaw Dressing
Combine all ingredients and refrigerate overnight.
Back to main cook book
RETURN TO ABTCC HOME PAGE
Wallpaper is compliments of
Fuzzy Faces Free Dog Graphics